Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Overactive Or Underactive Thyroidwhats The Difference If I Can Feel My Thyroid A Bit Enlarged Is This An Overactive Or Underactive Thyroid?

If I can feel my thyroid a bit enlarged is this an overactive or underactive thyroid? - overactive or underactive thyroidwhats the difference

I had trouble to see a doctor for a couple in recent weeks my thyroid seems to be magnified. I felt in my throat restricitve. In the last 24 hours, which I think I can feel the true gland just above my sternum. It makes me gag journalists, so easily, that is, swimming, etc.
Is this a symptom of overactive thyroid, or if the low activity of the thyroid at all.
There are foods that worsen or all foods that can help. I also have my diet recently.
I live in a very isolated, with minimal public transport. I will try to try to find is a way to to a doctor tomorrow, Monday, but I wonder if someone could tell me something in between.
Thank you:)

6 comments:

melissa said...

Advanced Thryoid can mean low or overactive thyroid. If you are gaining weight, feeling slow, or feeling cold often, it is probably not very active. If you are anxious, sweaty, or have been losing weight, can be hyperactive. Low thyroid metabolism increases at speeds of up to hyperactive. In any case, you should consult a physician for a definitive diagnosis.

Reva P said...

Only a doctor can say, and only after taking your personal and family history, you check at least run a few blood tests.

It is not on your diet if you add something to what you are allergic. Food allergies with symptoms is not always dangerous, but can build very quickly.

They speak with some form of restriction in the throat. Whatever the cause, which is not good. Find someone who can drive to the nearest hosptical and arrive ON TIME. This can be anything, but can be fatal, and you do not run the risk.

Virtuous... said...

You must go doc. The thyroid gland grows from the control can strangle.

CosmicSo... said...

It is really difficult to know what happens to you by your description. Can a hospital ER or lighter than the doctors office? The problem is that the doctors have to put on a waiting list or wait for months. It is better to go to the emergency room and get emergency care. Not sure food - we do not know what the cause or problem. Diagnosed until they are just guesses. Good luck, and please do not wait. You need a doctor to check it as soon as possible.

Nicki said...

It could also be a cancer. I saw the doctor the next day "feel" my thyroid and two weeks later was in surgery and suffering from thyroid cancer. Who has almost 2 years and now is back and in my lymph nodes.

Good luck!

Shante' said...

No "wait" for a gat appointment.Demand! I was in hospital with cancer! GO ..... now!

Post a Comment